Tuesday, 23/04/2024, 16:16

Home | My profile
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » What you'd like to see » What you'd like to see » Scripting
Scripting
PhaedraDate: Saturday, 06/10/2012, 06:00 | Message # 46
Private
Group: Users
I saw some of the Hearthfire items on UESP. Doing the compatibility version will be fun! dry I'll probably get it soon so I can tear it apart to find out everything they've done.

Don't worry about the butter, I'll be making a new model. happy However you want to do the cheese making is fine with me. Thanks for all your help!

gentesterDate: Sunday, 07/10/2012, 00:28 | Message # 47
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
not too difficult to see the difference, the things in Hearthfire have totally different naming. I'm not vastly impressed with most of it, whoever did their internal cluttering needs shooting I made a comment on SKYRE about it - basically they saw a space and added a barrel. I played it through and built the Markarth house, some of the new meshes for the house look good but there's little style or thought given to placement of stuff.
There's a modders resource out there which adds loads of new house, wall, castle etc meshes and has new interiors which actually looks far more interesting.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24956 got some really good looking pieces.
Anyone want to build Marburg castle?

berticus0001Date: Sunday, 07/10/2012, 03:29 | Message # 48
Lieutenant
Hi Phaedra, here's the first draft of the cheese churn and maturing: Cheese Churn V.1.0
The settings for the churn are quite a lot, I've decided I'm going to start releasing these bits soon as resources, so for translations I have to avoid hard-coding notifications and whatnot otherwise it'd mean people would have to re-write the scripts to change stuff. All the settings for the scripts have little pop-ups that tell you what each does but I will be doing a tutorial on here for them at some point, if you need any help till then just let me know! It includes another tester esp that is in the same spot as the butter churn (I basically just started with that and modified the crap out of it!), so don't have both testers running at the same time or they'll be all stuck together!
It includes all the bits so just overwrite anything it moans about and try it out! FYI, I've made the maturing scripts as generic as possible so you should have no trouble using them for wine ageing or anything else like that!
The basic setup for the maturing scripts is 01 goes on an XMarker placed in the render window where you want the "Place Cheese" phantom to appear, 02 goes on the phantom static base object, 03 goes on the static cheeses 1-3 on the static base objects and 04 goes on the static cheese 4 base object to stop the maturing scripts from resetting and starting over again!
Hopefully I'll make a start on the tut tomorrow, but take a look and pick things apart, I'm sure you'll be able to sus it out!

Ooo, p.s. the tester is set for the cheeses to mature 1 stage per 24hrs! It's the same "update on cell load" as the cow but even though you leave the house the house isn't unloaded from the game memory untill you leave whiterun, so, to the stables is best, wait a day and head back to the house to see the cheese transform to the next stage and repeat for another 2 days to see the whole thing stage by stage or wait the 3 days in one go and the cheese will mature all the way!

p.p.s, I stripped hearthfire out almost straight away after testing my mods were compatible so it's ale instead of milk!

berticus0001Date: Monday, 08/10/2012, 05:28 | Message # 49
Lieutenant
Phaedra, after pm-ing you over at SKRE I took a look at your forum page on there and saw the two pics you posted for crafting, as I've never looked at that before I thought I'd take a look! Scrap the churn from the above post!!!! The maturing/ageing will stay the same but I've edited the churn nif into furniture, re-wrote the script so the handle still goes up and down when in use, I've downloaded Blender and I'm going to have a go at making a custom player animation so your actually pumping the churn handle, and figured out a little trick so you can get 2 items (butter and buttermilk, or whatever else you like) from one crafting!
Fingers crossed I should have it done sometime later today! I'll still post you what I've got even if I don't get the animation sorted so you can check it out, but in the mean-time have a look at the first one anyway, it was a lot of twisty scripting that I'm now going to dump! wacko

gentesterDate: Monday, 08/10/2012, 12:55 | Message # 50
Sergeant
Blender?
Ummm
Can you teach me when you've learnt it? tongue
So much to learn about all this for a noob like me wacko

PhaedraDate: Tuesday, 09/10/2012, 02:32 | Message # 51
Private
Wow, that sounds pretty awesome! I'm glad my screenshots inspired you.

berticus0001Date: Tuesday, 09/10/2012, 05:59 | Message # 52
Lieutenant
Well I'm afraid the custom animation went right out the window!! After reading up on it, it turns out that it's a right pain to do! To give you an idea: unpack the animations from the bsa, use HKXCMD.exe to convert them from .hkx format to .fk, import into blender 1.4, save and edit them in blender 1.6, save and export back to .fk in blender 1.4, then "fix" them in nifscope 'cos blender only works right with oblivion/fallout nifs but isn't updated for skyrim, then reconvert them back to .hkx and then the only way to get them into the game is to overwrite one of the vanilla animations 'cos you can't import new ones! And thats something I just wont do!
So sorry Di but your on your own there kid!
Anyhow, here's Churn.2.0 with a basic "I'm standing in front of the churn doing nothing while it moves itself" animation!
To get the double items from one crafting you need to create a nif with both the items you want in it (fairy simple to do!) and import them as any type of food, it won't actually get used except in the crafting menu, then in the script thats in the churn find setting FLST_DoubleObject_A and place a formlist that has just that double food object in it and in the settings PTN__DoubleObjectBack_A1 & _A2 place the foods you actually want to get, then when you exit the churn it'll automatically check if you have any of the doublefood and switch it/them (it'll switch all you've got) into the actual single foods! It's only set up fpr one double at the moment but if you want more or if you need any extra info just let me know!
Right, now I'm off to switch the churn for the Hearthfire one and post it on my new nexus page Berts Hearthfire Dairy Resources!
Chat ya later!

gentesterDate: Tuesday, 09/10/2012, 06:12 | Message # 53
Sergeant
Another night owl I see biggrin

I like being called kid though, far better than Gran cool
No worries about blender, I just feel I should be learning some of this stuff but haven't got the faintest idea where to start....will go pick some brains for ideas on what comes first...oh heck 10 past 6 in the morning and I'm supposed to be going out for lunch and haven't been to bed yet..
catch ya all later

PhaedraDate: Sunday, 14/10/2012, 22:56 | Message # 54
Private
Bert, you are awesome! Have I told you that before? Hopefully, I get to leave work on time tonight, I'm really excited to check out your churn.

Added (2012-10-14, 10:44 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Bert,
Do the cow milking scripts that you posted here require Hearthfire? The one you posted on Skyrim Nexus does. Is there any difference between the one on Nexus and the latest one you posted here?

Sorry I'm not on often, the job has been so busy...

Added (2012-10-14, 10:56 PM)
---------------------------------------------
About crafting resulting in two items, thanks to your instructions, I'm sure I can do it. Sounds pretty simple.

I also want to share my diary models, but still need to make a decent looking butter. I've already given Gentester the models for milk, buttermilk, and cream. Once I've got the butter done, if you like I can upload it. You can include it with your Dairy Resources. wink

berticus0001Date: Monday, 15/10/2012, 00:14 | Message # 55
Lieutenant
Hi Phaedra, no the scripts on here are generic non-hearthfire, the demo thats with it gives ale instead of milk, same goes for the churn, it uses ale instead of milk! The one on the nexus uses Hearthfire for the demo mod, but it doesn't need to, you can just change the potion in the scripts settings once you've added it to a new mod, but it only does milk, no buttermilk or anything else and is a little bit of a cleaner script but I'm working on it at the moment (finally got the buggers to stand still until your finished!) and I want to get the positioning sorted, it seems to keep turning you to face south no matter what direction the cow is! And I'm still looking for a way to make it say "Milk Me!" or something, but no luck so far!

As for the butter I'd be happy to, or if you want to post it yourself as a resource pack send me the address and I'll add a link on mines page! biggrin

I'm also working on something else you might like, but I'm keeping it secret 'till it's ready!! I'll let you know when it's done! biggrin

gentesterDate: Friday, 19/10/2012, 20:03 | Message # 56
Sergeant
Hey Bert
How's the milking script coming along? Was wondering whether to just ask you for it now heart to sort it out on my mod and do an update or wait a bit longer (either is fine smile )

smile
Di

berticus0001Date: Friday, 19/10/2012, 22:25 | Message # 57
Lieutenant
Hi Di, sorry I didn't get this done sooner, I got frustrated trying to get the player placement right so gave up for a while, then I saw your post^ and had another go, 2 hours and about 50 (sometimes almost invisible) changes to the script and it's about as good as it's going to get! It's up on the resources page on the nexus, so you can just grab it there and pull the .pex and .psc files out and drop them over the last version, the cows now freeze during milking and the placement isn't bad if I do say so myself! biggrin You no longer always face south no matter which way the cow faces anyway!
I would advise deleting the original cow actor, save the mod and quit then reload and remake the actor with a slightly new name and the new version of the script placed directly on the base actor so they'll be milkable when they die and respawn. Other than the name not showing and saying "milk me!" I don't think it'll need any further changes, if you do want the cow to say "Talk Cow" add the script "defaultAllowPCDialogueScript" to the same place!

Well, I think that enough waffling! biggrin
Later!

gentesterDate: Saturday, 20/10/2012, 07:38 | Message # 58
Sergeant
You are a star tongue

But I've got confuddled now

I thought the one on the Nexus was just for milk? Will it work for milk and cream same as the one I've got now?

Also noticed Ashara says she's sorted out the 24 hour thing? Don't know if that's included. I looked at what she had written but to be honest papyrus just looks like Martian to me so I have no idea sad

I'm assuming that I don't need to tell the users to do clean installs and such but presumably wait/sleep in another cell for 24 hrs might be in order?

berticus0001Date: Saturday, 20/10/2012, 10:10 | Message # 59
Lieutenant
Ooops, totally forgot you have the double on yours! I'll sort that and post it here in a couple of minutes!

Edit: HERE ya go, very similar to the last version of yours just add the milk and the cream (choose either OtherPot for a potion cream or OtherIng for the ingredient version) and fill the rest as before! The only real change is that you now write the full notification (eg, 1 milk added!) instead of just the name!

gentesterDate: Saturday, 20/10/2012, 13:35 | Message # 60
Sergeant
smile Thank you *hugs*

Message edited by gentester - Saturday, 20/10/2012, 13:36

Forum » What you'd like to see » What you'd like to see » Scripting
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024