Thursday, 25/04/2024, 11:49

Home | My profile
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » What you'd like to see » What you'd like to see » Scripting
Scripting
berticus0001Date: Monday, 24/09/2012, 16:31 | Message # 16
Lieutenant
Group: Administrators
Hi Di, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I got Badlands 2 on sat morning and had a weekend of crazy killin'! Heh!
I'm afraid, my Skype doesn't work, the lovely folks at T-Mobile (I have a t-mobile usb dongle thingy) have decided that since they can only charge me for the monthly subscription but not any calls made on skype, they've blocked it so I can't use it any more (Thieving money grubbing b@st@rds!!!!), along with practically every filehost as well!!!! I'll be taking that off of my nexus profile in a bit. Apparently it should come back on once they've switched to iOS 6 or whatever, but it's taken the better part of 6 months for them to stop blocking BBC IPlayer, so I wouldn't hold my breath!
Anyhow, rant over! biggrin
For the cream, I was actually having some thoughts on a similar vein, what I was thinking was, if I can figure out the animation for it, how about a churn? I was initially thinking cheese!! But it could be done for cream as well, maybe have two sides to the churn one for cheese, one for cream?!? For the cheese I was thinking you could have a maturing shed, make the base raw cheese "pats" and put them in the shed to mature, after 1 week(?) have the cheese mature to a standard cheese round, then over the weeks, if you leave it, it turns into stronger versions ending as the nice moon one thats just about the only meal worth making (IMO anyway!). Plus, on top of that, you could make custom cheeses that have potions ingredients in them for increasing/fortifying stats, health, majicka, pretty much anything you like, and as you leave it to mature for longer, the effect of the potion ingredients become stronger and stronger, though you wouldn't be able to use them in cooking. Let me know what you think on that!
As for the beehive, yeah, there's 2 of 'em in the ck, one damaged and one not, I'd suggest you go for the not! Lol! Just drop the beehive into your mod then select it and add a new trigger (call it something like GTtrgrBeehive and give it a name like "Collect Honey" and remember the "Activate Text Override" for the Collect bit), then you want to enlarge it one "click" left or right and one towards/away from you to make it still square when looking top down, then make it a sphere and "Player Activate" and for the script, I'll do a re-write of the cow one that'll give you more control over the notifications that come up in the corner of the screen (and remove the "if is dead" bit) and post that on here in a bit, then you can use it for just about anything of this type! biggrin
Be careful when placing the bee spawn points, I'm pretty sure thats the problem with mine in the grotto, mine don't disappear when they are supposed to and I think it might be because I've either added too many spawn points or too many spawns per spawn point! Just something to watch out for! biggrin
I saw your greenhouse, very pretty!!! I think the glass is a little too clear for the look I'm after though, I'll have a play with mine thats in the games room and see if I can deepen the ripple on it to give it a less refined quality, I don't know if perfect glass is right for Skyrim, y'know?!
Right, I'm heading over to the nexus to grab your 1.4 and have a look at this upgrading problem, I'll post you over there when I have something!
Chat soon! biggrin

gentesterDate: Monday, 24/09/2012, 17:15 | Message # 17
Sergeant
Found out the problem with 1.4 to 1.5 - needed to get peeps to sleep for 24 hrs out of the cell and that seem to have solved it. For a first mod it seems people are willing to endorse and be happy with it, I'm so pleased. smile

Woot. I have a butter churn, came from one of insanity sorrows resource packs on Tes Alliance.
I think we need to get together with Phaedra from SKRE as she was planning to do something along similar lines...
Her idea was to have cows produce Milk and Cream. Then churn them to produce butter and buttermilk....could also be adapted for cheese... She's been doing the various nifs for milk etc but hasn't started the scripting as was trying to find some decent tutorials I think, though I could be wrong, but I know she was delighted with the milking script.

Will now trot off to try and find the undamaged bee hive - I found the white nest thingy in the meantime and plonked a few of them in the outlands around my new farm but a proper hive would look much nicer. Re glass I used the prison bars for the glazing bars, which seems to have worked quite well. Would be interested in the slightly different textures though, I really do need to start learning all this stuff but its very difficult to know where to start as nearly everything on the excellent TessAlliance tutorials is aimed at weapons and armor - stuff which I have very little interest in...I play with a bog standard ebony sword with a few enchants and smithing perks as most of the modded swords seem ridiculously oversized and silly looking. Just prefer a certain level of realism in how I look in game. I've seen mods with swords which stretch 2 foot above the top of your head from a back scabbard....I mean honestly irl you wouldn't even be able to take it out of the scabbard from that position. I'm not a purist but that's just plain silly. biggrin

and rant away about t mobile how very annoying. I only use the typed text thing on it though so have never run nto any problems. most alliances on browser games like Travian or Illyriad use Skype rooms as the in game chat rooms are usually dire.

Message edited by gentester - Monday, 24/09/2012, 17:39

berticus0001Date: Monday, 24/09/2012, 18:47 | Message # 18
Lieutenant
HERE ya go! 1 generic script for timed ingredient or potion collecting (in your case ingredient for honey!)! The tooltips that pop up when you hover your mouse over the settings in the scripts properties should tell you all you need to know, you can collect either or both at the same time! For the honey, just use the "Ing" bits and leave the "Pot" bits empty and thats it!
Give it a try and let me know if there's any changes you want.
Do you still want the double milk/cream from the cow?
Also, can you send me the address for the SKYRE page, I can't find it anywhere on yours!
Also, also, a couple of p.s's, firstly, to make the links you put on your page "active", use the "Link" button on a pm page in the nexus pm's then delete the 2 " marks, one at either end of the address then copy and paste it into your nexus page and that'll make the address's to the pages you point to clickable. (In here it;'s different, you type the name then scoop it and select http:// up the top there and paste the link address in and hit OK)
And second, to make the youtube video work on your page you only need the letter jumble from the youtube page square bracketed by "do this"/"end this", in this case youtube, e.g. [youtube]tuOKIYaOWHU[/youtube] (I'm actually surprised that came out as text!!), thats for one of mine btw!

Edit: Just read your comments and see there's another person with the beer case problem but this one isn't righting itself! you may want to check out my Niffed Triggers tutorial, also, it's usually better (easier) when editing something like that for an update to duplicate it and delete the original (don't forget to tell your users to empty first!) as the duplicate will have a new ID and not get put back by the save-file.

gentesterDate: Monday, 24/09/2012, 23:58 | Message # 19
Sergeant
PM'd the Skyre addie but just in case its http://skyrimrealestate.com front page, link to forum from that, its quiet but there are some very good modders on it. A couple of old Oblivion modders and a few very good texture modders (whose brains I will be picking apart as soon as....
I think they do a few challenges a year and also always know when the TessAlliance one is up and what new resources are available there as well.
Nice people.
err what http up the top there?

Yes I think when I last did something similar i actually had deleted it and done a new one, but that last one i just moved the silly thing. There's another one in the dining room, it's not as if peeps haven't got places to store their hooch.
Next update I'll delete it and do a new one. Will be after I've sorted out this competition as I might make the cows milkable at Candle pond and then add beehives as well. Might as well do a big update instead of a small one - give 'em all something to grumble about lol. Though I think I've got off lightly with the grumbles very few complaints at all. People have been very nice overall.

Milk and Cream would be perfect smile

I've tried everything going to nail somethings in place...I suspect I will have to remove the collision if i can work out how - to stop things from moving completely but in lieu of that I pasted in place (where it would let me without pasting the previous thing i had instead) and fixed it with no havoc. Mostly its worked. In my own game nothing moves - but then it wouldn't in mine would it (bangs head against wall)

Message edited by gentester - Tuesday, 25/09/2012, 00:22

berticus0001Date: Tuesday, 25/09/2012, 00:30 | Message # 20
Lieutenant
Heh, heh!! When typing in this, the http is here^
Check the first part of the niffed triggers tut, it's all about editing the collision/movement of the object!
I'll get the milk and cream sorted tomorrow, I'm bushed so, later! biggrin

PhaedraDate: Tuesday, 25/09/2012, 06:47 | Message # 21
Private
Group: Users
Hi, Berticus! Diane invited me. We've been sharing goodies lately. biggrin I had asked about milking scripts so she sent me yours. It has worked perfectly whenever I have tested it. Thanks so much! smile Just one question, is there any way to show the player that they can activate the cow? For example most characters show their names when you hover over them? If its not, that's alright. Just an extra something that I'd like.

Anyway, the mod I'm working on is called Crafting Enjoyment Overhaul, you can see what I have done and some of my plans:
https://sites.google.com/site/ladyphaedra13/home/skyrim/ceo

I'm using the same butter churn as Diane. Currently I have it set up as a craft, but crafting recipes only output one item at a time. From experience, I know that when the cream separates you get butter and buttermilk, so that is how that whole idea came about. The cheese idea you have is great! I've been thinking about brewing wine and such, perhaps that could use a similar script as the cheese since it would require aging as well?

berticus0001Date: Tuesday, 25/09/2012, 13:06 | Message # 22
Lieutenant
MOOOO! Heh! Click the moo to grab the latest version (this is just the scripts (.psc & .pex), you'll need to copy them and overwrite the ones you've already got), it now gives you the option to get anything up to 2 potions and 2 ingredients! I wasn't sure if the cream would be a potion as well and I was wondering if the milk would remain a potion as, for example, if you decide to change it in the future to an ingredient for bread making or something, so you can have any, all, or none (though that'd be a bit pointless! lol!). Just go through the scripts options and supply the potions/ingredients, the names and the amounts per milking, set the time between milkings and the sound (which can hardly be heard over the cow chewing the cud, but it is there!), and thats about it!
And hello and welcome to Pheadra, it's great to have you with us! biggrin
If you or Di could send me the link to the churn it'd make it easier to script, being able to see how things interact an' all!
As for the mouse-over activatable notification, I'm only aware of being able to make it say "Talk" at the moment, which I thought wasn't quite right, y'know, and thats something you have to apply to the cow actor rather than in the script, but I'll take a look and see if I can do something about it and let you know! And I'll have a play with the maturing, see if I can work something out for that.

gentesterDate: Tuesday, 25/09/2012, 17:06 | Message # 23
Sergeant
Hi Bert
Sorry I didn't get back to you asap. Computer decided to take a short rest and flash a cursor at me for 2 hours (banghead) at which point I went shopping instead of waiting for it to sort itself out.
The butter churn is one of either Lilith's or Insanity Sorrows mass of resources over on TessAlliance. (Don't know where IS gets the energy, I think he's released about 8 new packs of resources in the last fortnight.
I'll PM ya the link. )
ahh found it it's one of Lilith's. I'll PM you anyway as there's another link.
http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1264-catering-by-lilith/
There's two similar things in the various pics, the shorter squater one is an ice cream churn, the taller thiner one is the butter churn. If I remember that far back its a kinda up and down plunging movement in real life that operates those sort of churns but I doubt it would matter too much if it was stirring instead or something....hmmm maybe a variation on the mortar and pestle use anim?

I foresee a whole new use for cellars coming up soon then... cheese maturing and wine aging... beats the hell out of mannequins going for tea dances when you aren't looking rofl. Sounds like it would be something really cool to put in the basement of a house...and get the spouse to become a cheese and wine merchant biggrin Could do a sort of cool suave sophisticated vampire type of thing around it as well - for those into that sort of thing (personally I just kill 'em).

Dentist tomorrow and then when that's out the way I will properly read your niffed trigger tutorial. I did skim it when you first put it up there but obviously the stuff about collision must have sailed in the eye and straight out the ear without stopping for coffee.

Honey collections works perfectly smile

PhaedraDate: Thursday, 27/09/2012, 05:46 | Message # 24
Private
Group: Users
The Butter Churn I'm using is from Insanity's Clutter Stuffs. I'd link it, but TES Alliance is down right now. I didn't know Lilith had one, guess I'll look later...

Thanks for the new script.

Sorry I'm just now getting back here. The new job I started on Monday draining all my energy.

gentesterDate: Thursday, 27/09/2012, 19:56 | Message # 25
Sergeant
Think its the same one Phaedra. Lilith and Insanity colaborate a lot.]

Yes it is (I had both files stashed on my PC). I'm not sure but I think Insanity makes them and does small packages and Lilith does bigger display packages and uses them in those.

And the honey and beehives might be one for your crafting thing - brewing mead? Very lore friendly (and extremely nice, especially the spiced one booze ), I used to go to a proper Yule thing for a few years, passing round the drinking horn filled with mead and telling stories round a fireplace in the dark with lots of candles....don't know why I stopped now it was more convivial than most Christmas bashes.

Added (2012-09-27, 7:56 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Bert the milk and cream script works fine. Only one hiccup and thats the message that appears in the top left player window.
I get

1 Bridge Farm Milk
1 Bridge Farm Cream

Not bothered if its just the way it has to be to accommodate the options...more curious whether i had set it up correctly to get that

Message edited by gentester - Thursday, 27/09/2012, 06:45

berticus0001Date: Thursday, 27/09/2012, 20:35 | Message # 26
Lieutenant
Hi Di, sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, I've been hunting down and sorting the save-file bloat problem I've got with the house. Got it sorted, now I'm just trying to find a way to implement the fix without needing a completely clean re-install but it looks like that's the only way! Bugger!! Oh well, now the only question is do I repost with the fix now or wait for Niire to finish adding her cluttery goodness first, she should be done any time now and it would mean avoiding having to update twice within a day or 2?!?
Anyhow, back to the question at hand!
It looks like you've clicked a "HowManyPer" property to look at it (one of the ingredients by the look of it) and then not cleared the option, just left it at 0. Have a look through the settings in the scripts options and make sure anything that shouldn't be in use is cleared. Basically, select each one in turn and if it says "0" hit the "Clear Value" and that should sort it.
I'll get to the pm you sent me on the nexus hopefully sometime later tonight or tomorrow (you do know there's a pm thing in here don't you? Bottom left corner of any of my posts!).

p.s. Isn't that a great smiley?! I love the way he go's over and has another swig anyway! biggrin

gentesterDate: Friday, 28/09/2012, 20:18 | Message # 27
Sergeant
Hi Stuart
I'd leave it until Niire does her thing to be honest. I got a bit carried away with Candle Pond and ended up doing far too many updates. They seem happy enough to wait till I get around to doing the next one (I keep saying next week wacko )

I'll pm ya in here then if you'd rather, never too sure which one you are more likely to read first and I was kinda answering the one you'd sent me...swopsies on the wall of text thing though...I can rabbit for hours once i get started. sad

Think I've more or less finished the farm...just running the roads around the place with various followers to make sure the nav mesh is ok - why did I pick a place with 3 boundary crossroads right next to it? facepalm
biggrin
Di

berticus0001Date: Sunday, 30/09/2012, 16:05 | Message # 28
Lieutenant
OK, hows this for weird! I just checked my copy of the cow milking script and it's different from when I wrote & tested it!!!! The mad part is, I haven't touched it at all since I made it, so...... crazy
Anyhow, THIS is what you should have got, I just tested it with 2 potions and it seemed fine so switch them out and give it a try, you shouldn't need to redo the settings but it doesn't hurt to check anyway, and let me know how it looks!

Niire's bits all added to the house along with the file bloat fix! The house looks great now (not that it didn't before, obviously! biggrin ) , check it out! Bloody file bloat bug was a nightmare though, finding the cause wasn't that hard but to test the fix meant having to play the game for hours to see if the save-file got fat! I know, oh woe is me for having to play the game! Heh! But you know how it is when you just want to get the fix done for your users, then playing it means your mainly thinking "come on, come on, has it really only been an hour!?!?!" when all you want is to know the fix works and get it posted! Oh well, done now.

I've also had a look at the churns, while the "take 1 from player and give 2 back" part of it should be no problem at all, I just couldn't find a player involved animation that'd work. It all just ended up with your hands doing a wishy-washy thing through the handle, so I was thinking, instead of a player animation, how about I just make the handle of the churn go up and down a few times instead? Let me know what you think!

As for the pm's, over here or over there, doesn't make a difference as I usually have both pages open in the background and refresh every now and then, just wasn't sure you knew about the ones in here! I think I'll change the buttons at some point to make them stand out more!

Right, I really will get that wall you sent me answered now that I've got the time!
Let me know how the cow script works and I'll chat you soon! biggrin

berticus0001Date: Monday, 01/10/2012, 20:46 | Message # 29
Lieutenant
Here ya go, one Butter Churn, this is mainly a tester for you to check out and let me know of any changes you want. You can install this mod and find the test churn in vanilla Breezehome, just next to the dining table. You need 1 ale to activate (I don't have any milk) and you'll get back 1 cure disease potion (buttermilk) and 1 loaf of bread (butter).
Let me know how it looks!
I'll need you to tell me exactly what types of cheeses you want to make for the cheese churn, including what types of potion effects you want to be able to apply to customs and what sort of values they should have for the "base" cheeses you get. We'll have to go through how those values change for the maturing shed once this is finalized and we can move on to that!

gentesterDate: Tuesday, 02/10/2012, 18:08 | Message # 30
Sergeant
Cow script now works fine no weird 0's showing up anywhere. Thanks for that.

I'll shout Phaedra to get in touch over the churn that's her baby biggrin

Forum » What you'd like to see » What you'd like to see » Scripting
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024