Thursday, 18/04/2024, 18:48

Home | My profile
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » What you'd like to see » What you'd like to see » Scripting
Scripting
PhaedraDate: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 06:42 | Message # 31
Private
Group: Users
Sorry for the late reply, the new job is killing me. Today was the busiest yet!

I'll test out the butterchurn and get back to you. From your description it sounds like it will do the trick.

As for cheeses (and wine/mead/ale/etc), for now I just want to make the ones that already exist ingame. I'd love to expand on them in the future, but something basic just to get it working is fine.

Added (2012-10-03, 6:42 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Butterchurn
Alright, testing done. The butterchurn works great. I am using a different churn in my mod. Its a little different. Is it possible to add that animation to this one?
Insanity's Clutter Stuffs:
http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1319-insanitys-clutter-stuffs/
And a picture:
http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?app=downloads&module=display§ion=screenshot&record=36698&id=1319&full=1

Milking Script 3.0
A couple little issues:
*The cow is moving again.
*Waiting a day doesn't work, it still won't let you milk. I tried waiting in another cell and coming back. I also tried waiting right next to the cow. It won't let me milk after the first time no matter how I wait.

gentesterDate: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 12:12 | Message # 32
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
Bugger it dosen't you're right. I put the new milkng script on thinking it wouldn't change on that, just went in game and checked by waiting for 28 hours and it tells me my cows have already been milked sad
Wonder what happened cos the script for just milk worked ok for daily.

I may have to take my mod back to just milk - its due in today.. Hmmm just tried that and now that one won't do it daily either, but I'm sure it was working at one point, how odd.

Message edited by gentester - Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 12:42

berticus0001Date: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 12:50 | Message # 33
Lieutenant
You guys are testing it on a save that doesn't have the previous script already run in it aren't you? If you run it on a save thats already had the previous cow milking script used it'll be saved in the save-file and be trying to process both the old, saved, version and the new one at the same time!
I'll have a play myself and get back to you in a bit!

Edit: Yup, works fine for me! It is an OnLoad script so you have to actually leave the cell/worlspace and re-enter for the script to check whether the allotted time has passed, and entering a nearby house, waiting and then exiting again doesn't always do it, the game has to completely flush the cow's worldspace from memory and reload it or it won't trigger the OnLoad part of the script because it was never actually unloaded!

gentesterDate: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 14:00 | Message # 34
Sergeant
angel I wasn't looking on a clean save no.

I will now biggrin if I can find one, I started a new game and Bridge Farm was more or less loaded on from get go. May have to restart again cool

Message edited by gentester - Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 14:01

berticus0001Date: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 14:10 | Message # 35
Lieutenant
Do you want me to post a clean mod-free save? I always have one handy to test stuff so there's nothing to mess with the bits I'm working on!

berticus0001Date: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 14:54 | Message # 36
Lieutenant
Phaedra, redid the churn for you HERE is a zip with just a replacement esp, delete the other one and you should already have the script and objects. This one uses IS's tall skinny churn (the link to the pic didn't work, so I'm assuming) so as long as that is in the same place, "meshes\Insanity\Clutter\Misc\ButterChurn.nif" that should turn up fine. You have to have the "hoe2.nif" that I sent in the last one as well as that is a modified version of the nif to be used as a fake trigger for movement.
I've duplicated the whole thing just outside the wall in the void so you can easily scoop, copy, paste into your esp. Just load your esp and my tester with yours as active, copy and paste the churn anywhere into yours then, and this is important, find the "0001..." objects (0001STCButterChurn, 0001FakeTRGRChurnHandle, 0001TRGRButterChurn and 0001FLSTMilk) in the main objects list (select All for ease), NOT the cell objects, and change any setting in each of them then change them back!!! This is to make sure the copying of custom bits goes across to yours, else they won't turn up!!!! Then save and quit and reload yours to make sure the custom objects copied across ok and copy/paste to your hearts desire! biggrin
You have tp swap out the butter & buttermilk ingredients/potions (whichever you use) for yours and also make a new FormList that contains only the milk and replace the one in the scripts settings for your one (or just delete the ale from mine and put your milk in)
If you have any problems let me know!

Edit: Ooops, had to repost the file, forgot to duplicate it outside the wall! Doh!

gentesterDate: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 18:14 | Message # 37
Sergeant
Bert a clean mod free save would be a godsend
I have all sorts of problems finding one that dosen't have something loaded on already biggrin
I can make copies and use it for all my mod testing which would be really useful - and save me having to go through that tedious gateing thingymmy in Dawnguard yet again.

Or actually I could load bridge farm onto my lappie version which has never had anything other than a face texture mod on it. I forgot about that facepalm

Message edited by gentester - Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 19:18

berticus0001Date: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 18:51 | Message # 38
Lieutenant
One clean SAVE number: 110, User: Berticus biggrin
That'll drop you right out front of breezehome!

gentesterDate: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 19:23 | Message # 39
Sergeant
I need to investigate the best way to do this thing with clean mod free saves. I guess its hoick out the files containing all my mods onto a desktop file, load on a copy of the clean save , do all the testing, then reverse the process? Including the actual file saves of course. I wish this game shoved everything in the same place, having to go rummaging for everything related to the game is a pain in the arse - my game is on my d drive not my c drive but has stuff on the c drive as well - plus in the user/appdata

berticus0001Date: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 19:31 | Message # 40
Lieutenant
What I do is copy the entire Skyrim folder to another folder on the same drive/partition, rename it with a one on the end and then move it back to the same folder, that way all I have to do is rename the current fordel with a zero at the end, remove the one from the other and that is now the on the ck and running the game uses! That way I have one for modding which has all my scripts and meshes and stuff in it then switch to the other which has no mods at all installed for testing, and as long as you've got a clean save to use there's no chance of other stuff interfering!
E.g.

gentesterDate: Wednesday, 03/10/2012, 23:53 | Message # 41
Sergeant
Just tried that and it saved me from a fate worse than death, as I spotted a mislinked texture which didn't show up in proper game as it was linked to another one elsewhere. smile
Just in time as well
Never done a linking and mod upload so quick lol

PhaedraDate: Friday, 05/10/2012, 05:28 | Message # 42
Private
Group: Users
I've been using a clean save every time. I tried waiting 24 hours inside of Breezehome before returning to the cow to milk. Or do I need to leave Whiterun completely?

I'll try the new butterchurn tomorrow or Saturday. Too late tonight. Thanks again for your help.

berticus0001Date: Friday, 05/10/2012, 09:30 | Message # 43
Lieutenant
Yeah, best to leave entirely, the trigger for registering whether the time is up is an "OnCellLoad" event, so if the cow isn't removed from the games memory it won't trigger the update!
I'll have the cheese churn for you in a day or two, got sidetracked getting an update for one of my mods finished and posted and I'm working on some new autosort scripts at the moment, but they are giving me hassle so I'll probably leave them for a bit and let my subconscious do the heavy lifting for a while! biggrin

gentesterDate: Friday, 05/10/2012, 22:49 | Message # 44
Sergeant
New Hearthfire stuff:

The milk is in a sort of corked earthenware "ewer without a handle" shape, nothing spectacular.
Butter is a paste in a alchemy bowl.
Flour is just something in a sack, obtained by using the grain mill on wheat - the hand operated one.
butter churn they have dealt with by making the churn a flora so you can harvest from it (sounds familiar lol)
I did a quick revamp of my owm mod making it hearthfire compatible but put Insanity's nif on the churn as the stock one is pretty disreputable.
Bee hives in Hearthfire are themselves trigger spawn points and you can search them for honey, honeycomb and bees.

Tested the hearthfire compatible one out on clean save and it looks good - so I now have 2 versions wacko

Message edited by gentester - Friday, 05/10/2012, 22:49

berticus0001Date: Friday, 05/10/2012, 23:06 | Message # 45
Lieutenant
Yeah, I just installed it, checked my mods (which worked fine for me!) and pulled it out again! I didn't want to accidentally use bits from it and have to either rip it all out again or tell my users that they must have blah, blah, blah! Bethsoft can pimp their own goods! tongue
I think the butter would have been better if they just reduced the size of an ingot and re-textured it to look like it was wrapped in greased paper, don't you think?
And making the stuff harvestable is just a bit lazy imo! It's much more immersive if you have to actually collect stuff and combine!
I'm working on the cheese churn and maturing scripts at the mo', I figured I might as well go the whole hog rather than do just a standard cheese churn and then have to start again from scratch to create the churn with custom cheeses! It's coming along nicely actually, I may even have it done by tomorrow!

Forum » What you'd like to see » What you'd like to see » Scripting
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024